sábado, 14 de mayo de 2011



NEOCLASSISIM: EROS AND PSIQUE

Eros and Psique is sculpture of Antonio Canova. It reflects the end of the mythology history that says Eros, God of love, fell in love with Psique, the beautiful daughter of a King of Asia. Eros wanted seduce Psique so they built palace where they met every night without Psique knowing who was her lover.

One day, she shone him in the face with a flashlight to see who see was, but when Eros awoke he ran.
Psique searched for him because she loved him. She went with Venus, a “oracle”, to recuperate her over and to help her but she had an accident and she remained in a deep sleep, until Eros kissed her.



Sculpture, for me is the best because the mythology subject is very nice but the work with marble is excellent. As we can see, perfection of wings, skin and clothing that reflect smoothness and seems real; and the contrast from it’s the pebble or rock gives the feeling of hardness.
I chose it because the way that Eros and Psique are represented is very delicate and it makes a loving heart.

2 comentarios:

  1. oooh! I love this sculpture... In general, I love History of Art, but in my opinion Canova is one of the best scultors that have exist, and Eros and Psique is a beautiful story of love... :) VERY GOOD POST, I LIKE IT.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I imagined you would make a post talking about it, so I know that you like it so much! I'm agree with Rocío, this sculpture is really pretty!
    I also agree with the fact of the mythology is the best topic on the art history subject, because it's interesting, and I sometimes know the histories because of my latin and greek classes.
    In reference to the subject of art history, I'm proud of has chose it because, even thouth we have to study too much, right now we have learned lots of interesting things, and also, we know how to comment an art work. Very good post Anto, nice topic to talk on!

    best wishes!

    Helena

    ResponderEliminar